I’m sure like me you will have watched loads of TV weddings over the years, all of which may have inspired your choices for your big day, I’ve decided to do a run down of my favourite TV weddings and why I love them!
In no particular order we have:
- Pheobe & Mike from Friends – Pheobe has had a rough life, and to even get to this point is a massive thing for her, especially as at one point she and Mike broke up because he didn’t want to get married again. In this wedding, everything seems to be going wrong – including a bad storm which almost prevents it from going ahead but Monica and the gang pull together and pull off the wedding – and even if its not how they had planned they have a wonderful wedding!
- Sheldon & Amy from The Big Bang Theory – Sheldon & Amy are a very special couple. Sheldon has almost no social skills at the beginning of the show, but his friendship with the gang builds him up and although Raj and Howard put his profile on an online dating site as a joke to start with, Amy really helps him to grow as a person and they eventually realise that they don’t want to be with anyone else.
- Scott & Charlene from Neighbours – This is a totally iconic 80s TV wedding. Jason Donovan was my first true love but I wished him (and Scott) the best and was happy that he and Charlene had their happy ending!
- Charlotte & Harry from Sex and the City – A 90s series which was rather risque but the love story between Charlotte and Harry is a classic. Charlotte has her fairytale wedding with Trey – who on paper was perfect, but in every other way not, and Harry ends up being her divorce lawyer. He is everything she doesn’t like – bald and overweight to start with – but after they eventually realise they are meant to be together!
- Lois Lane and Clark Kent from The New Adventures of Superman – I loved this show and when Lois and Clark finally made it down the aisle after everything they had been through it was a very special moment.
- Zack & Kelly from Saved by the Bell – growing up I felt like the gang from Bayside were my friends – I wanted to be at school with them and thought school would have been a lot more fun if I had been. Throughout all the ups and downs, Zack & Kelly were always meant to be, and after doing school, and The College Years, they finally tied the knot!
- Rachel & Mike from Suits – if you don’t know about this wedding, then get back on the planet. Whilst Meghan Markle was planning her real life wedding to Prince Harry, her character on the TV show Suits was preparing to marry Mike. Whilst it did feel a little rushed at the end – they moved the wedding forward to allow Mike and Rachel to go off into the sunset together (or to leave and join a different law firm), after everything they went through on the show it was still pretty perfect!
I’ve tried to only include one wedding from each show, but special mention to Friends and The Big Bang Theory as all the weddings in those shows are wonderful. From when Ross & Rachel get married whilst drunk in Vegas, and Ross saying the wrong name when marrying Emily, to Monica & Chandler’s classically elegant big day, Friends always delivered. Whilst The Big Bang Theory showed us Penny & Leonard finally getting married and having a re-do for family, and Howard & Bernadette bringing their big day forward because he was due to become an astronaut and go in to space! Both shows are classics and some of my favourite shows.
Special mentions also should go to:
- Cory & Topanga from Boy Meets World – I don’t remember this episode myself but I loved the show and the fact they got their happy ending is wonderful for fans of the show!
- Lily and Marshall from How I Met Your Mother – these two had a really low key, small wedding, but it was all the more special because of it.
Finally the worst ever TV wedding must go to Robyn & Barney from How I Met Your Mother. Apart from the fact that they were never meant to be together (and yes, it ended in divorce) the whole final series of the show takes part over their wedding weekend and we finally find out who The Mother was and what happened about it. Spoiler alert – I’m still angry about how this show ended hence why I’m blaming Robyn and Barney!
What are your favourite TV weddings? I’d love to know below in the comments!