Celebrities seem to get married every five minutes, and unfortunately it seems that a much higher proportion than the rest of us don’t seem to make it last. Whether or not it really has given them their happy ending or not – here are my favourite celeb weddings from which we can steal some amazing style ideas!
- Victoria & David Beckham – Obviously they are my number one just because it is them! They have just had their 19th wedding anniversary (something of a rarity in showbiz) and are still happily together raising their four children. Much as I’m not sure about the golden thrones or the matching purple outfits at the reception, I did like Victoria’s Vera Wang dress and at the time it was very fashion forward.
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle – As a huge fan of the Royal Family and of the TV show Suits – I was more than excited for this wedding. I am not ashamed to admit that I was glued to the TV for every second of coverage all day and I more than loved it. I have to say that it blew me away and was more wonderful than I had hoped – and not just because of how totally in love they looked – it was just a perfect day!
- Prince William & Catherine Middleton – Before anyone in the UK knew who Meghan was, our go to Royal couple was “Wills & Kate”. As William will one day be King, we got an extra Bank Holiday to watch the wedding and I again was glued to the TV for the day.
- Grace Kelly & Prince Rainier of Monaco – If we are talking Royals, we need to include Grace Kelly and her real life Prince. Grace Kelly, a famous American actress met and married Prince Rainier and lived in Monaco until her death from a car accident. She is (in my opinion) one of the most beautiful women ever to have lived, and her wedding dress is classic and elegant and totally timeless.
- Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt – Whilst this wedding didn’t have the happy ending we all hoped for (#TeamAniston) the few wedding photos that were released were stunning and classy. For two people who at the time were two of the most famous people on the planet – the fact they managed to keep so many details to themselves was amazing!
- Declan Donnelly & Ali Astall – Once seen as the playboy of Ant & Dec, things have definitely changed. Happily married and recently having safely delivered their first child – a daughter – Dec & Ali were a picture of happiness on their happy day.
- Geri Halliwell & Christian Horner – A far cry from the days of the Union Jack Dress, Ginger Spice is all settled down now with her Formula One Boss husband Christian and two children.
And now time for a few of the (in my opinion) wedding day losers! I will actively not encourage any couples I know to emulate them!
- Katie Price and Peter Andre – Their wedding made My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding look tame and classy!
- Pamela Anderson & Kid Rock – Whilst this later turned out not to be a legal ceremony, at the time the idea of getting married in a bikini was quite shocking!
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West – This was never going to be a classy affair, but they managed to out do themselves with tack and OTT everything. From the giant wall of flowers, a golden toilet tower to a custom marble piano and a wedding dress that looks like she was wearing a bib – I will never understand the obsession with the Kardashian Klan!
What are your favourite (and least favourite) celebrity weddings? Let me know in the comments!