So 2019 is all of a sudden well and truly here, in fact three weeks of January has gone by, it’s still not payday, and you are still the only, or one of the only single ones amongst your friends. So what are you going to do about it?
The days of internet dating being seen as only for the sad or desperate are long gone, and more and more people are meeting their next partner or hookup online. The advent of adult dating sites has meant that there are more options than ever before when it comes to your dating pool. Whether you are looking for the love of your life, or some nostringsdating uk, there are great ways of finding whatever you are looking for. Here are my top ways of meeting new people.
- Internet dating – through sites or apps is the easiest way of meeting new people, with more and more people siging up everyday, especially at this time of year. Some people aren’t keen on the idea – preferring to meet people in the “real world” first though and so this wouldn’t be the first choice for you.
- Attending a class or lecture. Finding a class or lecture on something that you are interested in will allow you to meet and mingle with people with similar interests and hobbies, thus meaning you already have things in common before you get stuck in to anything.
- Asking for a setup. I know sometimes we don’t want to admit to friends or family that we are not loving being single, but they know us the best, so they are the best kind of people to find us someone to set us up with. They know what we are like, and what we are looking for. Even if you can’t trust all of your friends’ taste, there will hopefully be at least one friend or relative whose opinion you trust and value to find someone to set you up on a date.
Whatever you are looking for, now is the time to step outside your comfort zone and try something different. After all, “if you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got”. This time of year is the time when singles flock to singles events, dating sites, and other activities. They don’t want to spend the rest of winter on their own.
Just remember when you are dating though to stay safe:
- Make sure someone knows where you are going and who you are with.
- Make sure you have to check in with someone to let them know you get home ok.
- Pre-book a mini cab or make sure you are going somewhere well lit and with good street lighting and public transport connections.
- Make sure your phone is well charged in case you need to call someone to come and get you or even get an early cab.
- Have some money hidden in a secret pocket in case you need a cab or other form of transport.
- If hookups are what you are looking for, male or female, there is no excuse not to have condoms with you!